Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Who’s the Boss?


Hip Hip Hooray, it’s National Boss’s Day!

So if you’ve got a boss, it’s a great day to find some great ways to show a little love.

I’ve held numerous jobs over the many years I’ve circled the sun – burger flipper, hotel maid, waitress, psychometrist, counselor… I’ve even done time working in a jail (Please note that this is a little different from actually doing time in jail).

As a result of my varied employment history, I’ve experienced quite an assortment of bosses – from kind to, well, kind of creepy. But none of them can hold a candle to the boss I have today.

Sure, most days I have to start work at 6:00AM, and sometimes I don’t clock out until after midnight. But hey, she lets me work in my pj’s AND eat as much chocolate as I have a hankering for.

Yep –

as a freelancer, I work for myself.

And guess what –

My boss is so awesome, she’s giving me this special day off!

So, I’m outta here.

Hmmmm… maybe I should buy her some chocolate.


PROMPT: If you’ve ever had a boss, I know you’ve got stories. And when it comes to stories, bad bosses are the best! Take it from Dilbert’s creator, Scott Adams, who has made an entire career out of one boss fresh from The Hot Place.

Oh yeah – while you’re creating today, don’t forget to listen to some Springsteen… ‘cause Baby you were Born to Write!

No comments:

Post a Comment