Thursday, December 20, 2012

Toot Uncommon


Yep, they’re belting out yesterday’s “special” ode, I’m sure.
 
Right after I posted yesterday, I opened my local paper and was blindsided by a story about some Trappist monks who are making a mint from their “heavenly” fruitcake.

Great.

Now God is on their side.

Look, I don’t care how many times you bless it, fruitcake still stinks.

But that’s not what today’s post is about.

Today’s post is really about this –

 

Let’s forget about those Mayans for a minute and walk like an Egyptian…

Because I’m heading to Seattle to see Steve Martin’s favorite honky.

Yep, King Tut.

I know I should be more respectful –

He is the Boy King after all.

But Mr. Martin completely ruined that possibility for me back in 1978. Anyone who lived through the Carter administration knows that Tut was positively funky and buried with a donkey.

There are just some things you can’t unremember.

So, of course, I simply have to share.

Enjoy it here.

 
PROMPT: The Tut-meister became king at the age of 9. Sounds like a very interesting predicament for your next main character. Imagine a world with National Wii Day or mandatory potty humor. Makes the Hunger Games look like a cakewalk, eh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment