Friday, July 12, 2013

Playing an Ace!



Today is a very special day! My fabulous writer friend and fellow Elbow follower, Angelina Hansen, is celebrating the launch of her very first book, Julius Caesar Brown and the Green Gas Mystery! Way to go, Angi!

And as an extra-special treat, Angelina has kindly agreed to subject herself to the Mind’s Elbow interview…

So you woke up one day and discovered a contract left under your pillow by the publishing fairy, right?  

Well, sort of. On a whim, I sent this manuscript to ONE small Canadian publisher and forgot about it. A month later (the day after I got the worst news of my life) I woke up and had a book contract from the publisher waiting in my inbox. ^_^

What is your book about? And while we both know that everyone on the planet needs at least three copies, what age of human would it be its best match? 

This book is about a global gas crisis. People all over the earth are farting green and no one knows why. Whoever solves the mystery of the green gas will win a million-dollar prize. Who will solve the green gas crisis!

Yes, everyone on the planet needs three copies, but kids aged 8-12 must have it. Especially those kids who think they don’t like reading books. ^_^

Now that you've been given the keys to the pub-clubhouse and learned the super-secret published author handshake, what’s next for you? 

Hopefully I’ll keep writing and publishing books. ^_^

Here at the Mind’s Elbow, I like to discuss the writing process as well as the ways artsy folks can enhance their flow of creativity…

What is your writing process like?

It’s like clockwork—early every morning for at least an hour. I draft on my laptop while lounging in bed. Same goes for revision. I need dead silence. And tea. Must have tea.

How do you keep your creativity in top flowing form? 

I read a ton. And dance. And play music. And take walks. And eat healthy food. And go to concerts. And take long bubbly baths. And listen to music from all over the world. Loud.

Any tips you’d like to offer those on the writing path?

Never. Never. Never give up!--Winston Churchill
I knew this book was special, but I hit a twelve-foot thick iron wall when I first put my publishing feelers out.  So glad I didn't give up!

And now for a series of random questions, that I’m pretty sure everyone in the Elbow audience is dying to know…

Writing time — morning or night? 

Early morning.

Milk or dark chocolate? 

Milk. Except that I can’t eat dairy or sugar. Ugh.

World peace or world domination? 

Peace, sistah. I’m all about peace.

Why did the chicken cross the road? 

To show the possums it could be done.

And finally…

Where can everyone get their THREE copies of Julius Caesar Brown and the Green Gas Mystery

Right now it’s available from MuseItUp and Amazon as an e-book. The print book will be out sometime this fall. Here’s the link to the publisher’s site.



Exclusive author photo of the real Ace Hansen


PROMPT: Order your three copies today. Read and write on!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Barb. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB ANGELINA!!! I'm so happy for you. Between you and my sister I have enough inspiration to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! So excited for you, Angelina!! And Barb, great questions! I've been dipping in and out of the blogiverse, so I had no clue about Angelina's book--though I DID know she's a talented writer! Yippee for great news!

    ReplyDelete