Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WARNING!

This blog will likely contain nauseating positivity. So if you continue to follow along, you may catch it. I’ll admit it; I tend to walk on the sunny side of the street whenever possible. It’s my street. I can do that.
But let’s face it – bad stuff, sad stuff, tough stuff, and rough stuff happens to everybody. I can say that with relative certainty because I’ve lived on this planet awhile, and I’ve worked as a therapist. So, my guess is that one of the aforementioned has happened to you. Well, you can go back and pick at that scab all you want to. Be my guest. It’s your scab, after all.
However… if I held a measure of manure in one hand and a duckling the color of summer sunshine in the other, which would you rather see? Which would make you happier?

Same goes for everything else in your life, Cupcake.

PROMPT: What is the BEST thing that ever happened to you? How did it feel, smell, and taste? Wrap your head around that event for a while. Write about it, paint about it, create about it, or just revel in it. Ah…. Good stuff. It waddles everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. When my son Luke was born. It felt glorious and terrifying at the same time. There's nothing like the smell of a new born baby not baby oil, baby shampoo... nothing come's close. Well then again chocolate chip cookies being baked in the house are a close second. I think the next child I have I'll bring along an easy bake oven and set it up next to the heart monitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got me grinning. That is the bestest BEST! Now you've got me thinking that maybe there's a market for the baby monitor/easy-bake combo. Hmmmmmm..

      Delete