Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And Now for the News…


There was a sticky situation in Kentucky last Thursday. Apparently, a semi tractor-trailer loaded with Log Cabin syrup overturned on Interstate 75 and spilled its contents all over the southbound lanes.
The accident occurred when the truck swerved to avoid a car, lost control, and slammed into the…
Buttermilk Pike overpass.
I am NOT making this up.
The accident is still under investigation. My guess is that they’re trying to determine whether Mrs. Butterworth was driving that crash-causing car.
The police officer in charge said the whole thing was a royal pain in the pancake. Actually, he said it was a royal pain in something else, but I prefer not to mix metaphors.
Read and enjoy it for yourself here.
You know, this incident had me recalling those old Paul Bunyan tales. How I loved them when I was a kid! And if I still have my Bunyan facts straight, I’m pretty sure that it would have taken an entire semi truckload of syrup to fix him one breakfast (had semi trailers actually been invented back when he was hacking down the forests of North America).
Anyway, remember how the cooks strapped bacon fat to the bottoms of their shoes and skated around to grease up his griddle?
I figure if Paul wasn’t bothered by a bunch of fellers’ smelly feet messing with his flapjacks, he’d have no problem slurping up I-75.

PROMPT: Today would be a fabulous day to create a tall tale – even if it happens to be true. Or you can simply Google “news from Kentucky” for writing inspiration. Trust me, you will NEVER be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment