Thursday, June 21, 2012

Filling the Well



Sometimes you have to step away from the keyboard.
Sometimes you have to create some space in your life for NOT writing.
Space is a very good thing.
After all, it’s the spaces between the notes that transform noise into music, and the spaces between the words thatkeepthemfrombecomingsenselessgobblygook.
What’s more, by building in some time for NOT writing, you have time for EXPERIENCES.
And experiences give you things to write about when that keyboard comes calling once again.
Today I will head off on a two-week adventure that has been two years in the planning.
But fear not, loyal followers – if the magic of technology serves us well, there will be 10 posts to help fill your creative well while I fill mine. I call them (cue dramatic music) The 10 Greatest What ifs. Actually, I don’t call them anything – that just sounded cool. At any rate, there will be 10 “What ifs” for you to chew on until I return.
And because it is just so perfect for today, I’m heading out to the tune of Good Life by OneRepublic. Feel free to enjoy it with me here.
Pip pip and cheerio!

PROMPT: Start planning YOUR adventure now. What will you do this year to fill that creative well of yours?

1 comment: