Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Results Are In



(This one’s not doing you any favors, trust me.)

If you've stopped by the Good Ship Elbow today, you've probably got questions.

In fact, I've found that most writers and artists are haunted by the same two questions –

     1. How can I be more creative and productive in my art of choice?


And

     2. How can I maximize the enjoyment of my hot cocoa experience?


Well, fear not because The Mind’s Elbow has got you covered… for question number two.

Use an orange mug.

Yes, researchers hard at work sipping cocoa at the University of Oxford have discovered that people perceive more chocolaty goodness from orange-colored cups than from those of any other segment of the rainbow.

ORANGE

It’s not just for fruit anymore.

Now, about that first question…

Hmmm… you might have to stick around awhile for an answer to that one.

PROMPT: It’s all about mad scientists today! Write about a group of investigators working tirelessly on matters of the utmost importance – like the sweater vest preference of pigeons, the prevalence of colorblindness in maple trees, or how temperature affects the ultrasonic velocity of cheddar cheese (wait a minute… that one’s real – Polytechnic University of Valencia, 2006).

2 comments:

  1. What if my mug is beige with orange flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're way ahead of the chocolaty goodness game. No wonder you write so well!

      Delete