Monday, March 18, 2013

Any Direction Will Do




In my line of work, I am often asked to come up with 3 or 4 short stories a week.

Over the years, I've had a few students ask me where I get my ideas.

While I am always tempted to direct them to a particular beach on the Oregon Coast, what I really say is Look around!

Stories are EVERYWHERE!

This past weekend, for example, I attended the Washington State Archery Tournament. One room, and 600 minors armed with deadly weapons.

I’m thinking this could be where Suzanne Collins found that Hunger Games plot.

Then there was a classic sports tale in the works as well. My son’s team was a close second for the second year in a row… Argh!

And if you’re reading this, Deer Park High – enjoy the win while you can. Our hodgepodge team of homeschoolers has got you next year for sure!

That one is obviously a “To be continued” saga.

But without a doubt, this was the BEST story find of the weekend…


Yeah, a nun winning the bow raffle.

Trust me, she was quite pleased.


Play on, Sister. Play on!


PROMPT: You've got to go with the nun on this one. I mean, holy smokes, what are the chances??



No comments:

Post a Comment