Horton: The Early Years
All I ever need to know, I learned from Dr. Seuss –
1. Fun is good.
2. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
3. A person's a person, no matter how small.
4. Don't grumble! Don't stew! Some critters are much-much, oh, ever so much-much so muchly much-much more unlucky than you!
5. Step with care and great tact. Remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
6. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
7. From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!
8. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
9. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
10. Will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
PROMPT: Tomorrow marks 109 marvelicious years of Seuss!
Plan a party – bring the cats,
without or with their stripy hats.
Then make and serve some tasty schlopp.
But be a love – don’t hop on pop.