According to my calendar, the 2nd Monday in October is National Kick-Butt Day.
Well, in my book, EVERY Monday should be Kick-Butt Day!
Think of it —
Each and every week you’re handed a brand-new opportunity to make it the Best Week EVER!
So, here are a few handy tips you can use to kick butt with the best of ‘em:
1. Let it go. Say you didn't meet your writing goals last week. Or perhaps you never got that pony when you were eight. LET. IT. GO. Trust me, you do NOT need to look at your behind to kick butt.
2. Make a list of your dreams. No matter how unrealistic, crazy, and out-of-this-world they may seem. Trust me, the BIGGER the BETTER. You may not feel this way about your butt, but you really ought to give it a go when it comes to dreams.
3. Set some small goals for the week. Yes, I said SMALL. This must not be confused with the dream BIG directive above. Goals for the week should be doable. Think of them as tiny butt-kicks or nudges in the right direction. And don’t forget to write them down.
4. Get your butt in the chair. To kick butt in this field, you are going to have to do some serious butt-sitting. If you want to achieve those creative goals this week, when are you going to make the time to get cozy with that desk chair? Schedule it.
5. Kick BUT to butt-kick. Try to live without that nasty little conjunction this week. That means no excuses and no fears.
Well, there you have it —
Five ways to play on Kick-Butt Day.
Now get out there and make this your Best Week EVER!
PROMPT: So, what are you waiting for? Let’s do this thing!